COST:General Admission: $15
Student Admission: $5
Explorer Pass Holders: FREE
Saturday, May 13 – 10 AM
Saturday, June 10 – 10 AM
Saturday, July 8 – 10 AM
Saturday, September 9 – 10 AM
Saturday, October 7 – 10 AM
Lockport is a canal town unlike any other on the Erie Canal. Growing out of a need to scale the Niagara Escarpment, the Flight of Five is an engineering feat that has long attracted visitors to this area. While Lockport is well known for its important role in the success of the Erie Canal, there is more to Lockport than just the Locks. This tour will explore the development of Lockport from the early 1800s to modern times, including the humble Quakers who founded the town, inventors who brought about economic and cultural development, beautiful architecture and even a stop on the Underground Railroad.
Meet at the Flight of Five Winery in Old City Hall at 2 Pine Street, Lockport, NY 14094. Parking is available on the street or in the adjacent parking lot.
- Advance reservations are encouraged but not required for this tour.
- All credit card payments must be made in advance. Advance reservations with a credit card can be made online until the tour starting time. Cash or checks are accepted at the start of the tour.
- If you make an advance reservation, please print your confirmation email, or be prepared to show it on your phone.
- This tour is approximately ninety minutes in length.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and dress for the weather – the tour will proceed rain or shine.
- Cameras are encouraged!