COST:General Admission: $15
Student Admission: $5
Explorer Pass Holders: Free
Our bike tours have concluded for 2016 – see you on a bike tour in 2017!
Bike Tours are Presented by:
The storied Scajaquada Creek provides the setting for some of the most pivotal moments in Buffalo’s history. Learn about the long and varied history of those who worked and lived on its shores, and the neighborhoods and industries that thrived due to their proximity to it. Scajaquada Creek also plays an essential role in creating the water features of Frederick Law Olmsted’s Delaware Park. Hear about the origin of the Creek’s name, its place in the War of 1812, its naval history, the former shipyard, and current efforts to improve its Pathway, revitalize the area, and remediate the waterway.
Meet at the Scajaquada Creek Trail entrance on the west side of the parking lot of Wegmans at 601 Amherst Street, Buffalo, NY 14207.
- Helmets are required for all tour participants. Each tour participant must have a bicycle in good working condition; participants are also required to sign a waiver before the tour.
- The minimum age for this tour is 14 years old.
- Advance reservations are encouraged but not required for this tour.
- All credit card payments must be made in advance. Advance reservations with a credit card can be made online until the tour starting time. Cash or checks are accepted at the start of the tour.
- If you make an advance reservation, please print your confirmation email, or be prepared to show it on your phone.
- This tour is approximately two hours in length.
- Please wear appropriate footwear and dress for the weather.
- In the event of heavy rain or other severe weather, this tour will be canceled.
- Cameras are encouraged!