COST:General Admission: $15
Student Admission: $5
Explorer Pass Holders: Free
Select for online reservations:
Downtown Buffalo presents excellent examples of the entire spectrum of American architecture from the early 1800s to the present – including modern architecture. This walking tour of downtown Buffalo will focus on buildings built in the modern and postmodern styles, including buildings by Minoru Yamasaki, Edward Durell Stone, and Kohn Pedersen Fox. The tour will also explain the evolution of architecture from some of downtown’s older buildings to these more contemporary structures.
Meet at the Tim Horton statue at Main Street & Marine Drive. The Erie Canal Harbor Metro Rail Station is adjacent to the statue. Some on-street parking is available on surrounding streets.
- Advance reservations are encouraged but not required for this tour.
- All credit card payments must be made in advance. Advance reservations with a credit card can be made online until the tour starting time. Cash or checks are accepted at the start of the tour.
- If you make an advance reservation, please print your confirmation email, or be prepared to show it on your phone.
- This tour is between ninety minutes and two hours in length.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and dress for the weather – the tour will proceed rain or shine.
- Cameras are encouraged!