COST:General Admission: $40
Student Admission: $35
Explorer Pass Holders; $35
Reservations are required for this tour!
This tour is an experience unlike any other tour in the world! Silo City: Vertical will take you to the top of the American and Perot grain elevator complexes. Approximately two and half hours in length, you will experience all of the history and mechanics of the grain elevator, as well as the malt production process in the Perot malthouse on this in-depth tour. A look at some of the regenerative projects ongoing at Silo City is included.
Please note that Silo City: Vertical is not recommended for those with a fear of heights. Participants in this tour must be physically able to go up approximately 100 feet (ten stories) of stairs and a short interior ladder to reach the top – and then come back down! The elevators have been out of commission for years, so stairs are the only way to go.
The tour meets at Silo City, 120 Silo City Row, Buffalo, NY, 14203. Turn from Ohio Street onto Silo City Row, and enter Silo City through the gate. Ahead on your right will be a small brick office building, where the tour will assemble. Ample parking is available on site.
- Reservations are required for this tour! Due to space limitations, we must limit this tour’s group size to a small number.
- Please print your reservation confirmation email, or be prepared to show it on your phone.
- This tour is approximately two and a half hours in length.
- The minimum age for this tour is 14 years old.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes; no sandals or open-toed shoes are permitted on this tour.
- The tour will proceed rain or shine.
- Cameras are encouraged!