92 Franklin St.
Andrew Jackson Warner, 1871-1876
Last admittance: 3:45pm.
Photography and filming permitted.
Fully handicap accessible.
Visitors experiencing Old County Hall will have the opportunity to observe the primary home for the judicial and legislative branches of government in Erie County, including the Erie County Legislative Chambers, the New York State Supreme Court Ceremonial Courtroom, the Erie County Surrogate’s Court Courtroom. The Erie County Surrogate’s Court Courtroom was the location of the 1901 trial of Leon Czolgosz, President William McKinley’s assassin. Visitors will also have the opportunity to see where President McKinley laid in state in the first floor lobby.
Built between 1871 and 1876, originally City and County Hall, this High Victorian Romanesque building has 4 floors, a 209 foot clock tower and many details throughout.