Best of Buffalo Downtown Walking Tour
Our Best of Buffalo tour has concluded for the season and will return in spring 2020. Check our Calendar for available winter tours. Our Inside Downtown South and Inside Downtown North winter tours visits many of the same buildings, with a focus on interior spaces.
General Admission: $15
Student Admission: $5
Explorer Pass Holders: FREE
Tour Meets At:
Hotel at the Lafayette391 Washington Street, Buffalo, NY 14203
Join us for a downtown walking tour of the best of Buffalo architecture and history! The buildings included on this overview tour help to tell the story of Buffalo’s rapid rise to prominence, from the opening of the Erie Canal to the 1901 Pan-American Exposition. Buildings seen on this tour were designed by both nationally and locally significant architects, including Louis Sullivan, Richard Upjohn, Louise Bethune, and EB Green.
Perfect for both visitors and residents alike, this tour is an excellent introduction to Buffalo’s architectural heritage. This is an exterior-only tour; for building interiors, please see our in-depth downtown tours – American Masters, Turn of the Century Treasures, and Downtown Deco.
This tour meets in the lobby of the Hotel at the Lafayette at 391 Washington Street. Your docent will meet you in the lobby of the hotel. Two-hour metered parking is available on surrounding streets, and the Adams Ramp is one block away at the corner of Washington and Eagle Streets. The Lafayette Square Station of the Metro Rail is one block away, across Lafayette Square on Main Street.
- General Admission: $15
- Student Admission: $5
- Explorer Pass Holders: FREE
- Advance reservations are encouraged but not required for this tour.
- All credit card payments must be made in advance. Advance reservations with a credit card can be made online until the tour starting time. Cash or checks are accepted at the start of the tour.
- If you make an advance reservation, please print your confirmation email, or be prepared to show it on your phone.
- This tour is approximately ninety minutes in length.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and dress for the weather – the tour will proceed rain or shine.
- Cameras are encouraged!
- See our FAQs page for our refund policy and answers to other questions.