Downtown Murals Walking Tour
Our Downtown Murals tour has concluded for the season and will return in spring 2020. Check our Calendar for available winter tours.
General Admission: $15
Student Admission: $5
Explorer Pass Holders: FREE
Tour Meets At:
Hotel at the Lafayette391 Washington Street, Buffalo, NY 14203
Buffalo is being transformed by murals, both outside and inside. Some are scenic, like “Wildflowers for Buffalo,” and some are geometric, like “Optichromie,” both on Washington Street. Some murals are sponsored by the Albright-Knox Art Gallery, such as “Noodle in the Northern Lights on Tupper Street, while others are privately financed, such as “Greetings from Buffalo” on Ellicott Street.
On this downtown walking tour, we will explore many of downtown’s murals. Our tour will include both exterior murals, like “Misuta Chow’s Dual Dragons” on Washington Street, as well as indoor murals, like “George Washington and the Marquis de Lafayette” inside the Lafayette Hotel. More murals are being painted throughout the summer, so this tour will evolve as new murals emerge downtown!
This tour meets in the lobby of the Hotel at the Lafayette at 391 Washington Street. Your docent will meet you in the lobby of the hotel. Two-hour metered parking is available on surrounding streets, and the Adams Ramp is one block away at the corner of Washington and Eagle Streets. The Lafayette Square Station of the Metro Rail is one block away, across Lafayette Square on Main Street.
- General Admission: $15
- Student Admission: $5
- Explorer Pass Holders: FREE
- Advance reservations are encouraged but not required for this tour.
- All credit card payments must be made in advance. Advance reservations with a credit card can be made online until the tour starting time. Cash or checks are accepted at the start of the tour.
- If you make an advance reservation, please print your confirmation email, or be prepared to show it on your phone.
- This tour is between ninety minutes and two hours in length.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and dress for the weather – the tour will proceed rain or shine.
- Cameras are encouraged!
- See our FAQs page for our refund policy and answers to other questions.