COST:General Admission: $25
Student Admission: $20
Explorer Pass Holders: $20
Proceeds from this tour are shared with Shea's Performing Arts Center to support ongoing restoration efforts.
Thursday, July 6 – 1 PM
Thursday, July 20 – 1 PM
Thursday, August 10 – 1 PM
Thursday, August 24 – 1 PM
Shea’s Buffalo Theater opened in 1926 as the jewel of Michael Shea’s movie theater empire in Buffalo. With no expense spared in its construction, the theater was designed by Rapp & Rapp from Chicago, with an interior designed by Tiffany Studios. Today, Shea’s Performing Arts Center is at the heart of Buffalo’s Theater District, hosting some of the most popular touring productions in the country. The ornate interior has been painstakingly restored, and this tour will showcase the results of this restoration. The tour will be led by Shea’s Restoration Consultant Doris Collins, who will explain the details of the restoration process during this in-depth tour of one of Buffalo’s favorite landmarks.
- Advance reservations are encouraged but not required for this tour.
- All credit card payments must be made in advance. Advance reservations with a credit card can be made online until the tour starting time. Cash or checks are accepted at the start of the tour.
- If you make an advance reservation, please print your confirmation email, or be prepared to show it on your phone.
- The tour is approximately ninety minutes in length.
- This tour includes several flights of stairs and no elevator is available for access to upper levels.
- Cameras are encouraged and photography is permitted, with the exception of sets on stage.