Estates Along the Avenue
There are no dates available for this tour in 2018. New dates will be available in spring 2019 for our 2019 tour season. Check our Calendar for currently available tours!
General Admission: $15
Student Admission: $5
Explorer Pass Holders: FREE
Tour Meets At:
Blessed Sacrament Church1069 Delaware Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14209
Delaware Avenue’s northern section was predominately farmland throughout much of the nineteenth century, but began to be developed as family estates. Discover how some of Buffalo’s wealthiest families came to dominate this section of Delaware Avenue in the late nineteenth and early twentieth century. While many of their former homes remain, most have been reused by businesses and institutions. Join us on this walking tour of one of Buffalo’s most beautiful streets to admire classic homes of the Gilded Age and learn about the families who built them.
This tour meets on the front steps of Blessed Sacrament Church at 1035 Delaware Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14204. Parking is available in the Blessed Sacrament Church parking lot (note: the church parking lot is separate from the Catholic Academy parking lot). The entrance to the parking lot is on Linwood Avenue, north of West Utica Street.
- General Admission: $15
- Student Admission: $5
- Explorer Pass Holders: FREE
- Advance reservations are encouraged but not required for this tour.
- All credit card payments must be made in advance. Advance reservations with a credit card can be made online until the tour starting time. Cash or checks are accepted at the start of the tour.
- If you make an advance reservation, please print your confirmation email, or be prepared to show it on your phone.
- This tour is between ninety minutes and two hours in length.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and dress for the weather – the tour will proceed rain or shine.
- Cameras are encouraged!
- See our FAQs page for our refund policy and answers to other questions.