COST:General Admission: $15
Student Admission: $5
Explorer Pass Holders: FREE
Wednesday, May 10 – 6 PM
The Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus is rapidly growing, with billions of dollars of new construction recently completed, in progress, or soon to be underway. This includes the new Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences of the University at Buffalo and the new John R. Oishei Children’s Hospital, both targeting 2017 completion dates. This tour will view these construction sites as well as finished buildings such as the Gates Vascular Institute and Conventus (note: this is an exterior-only tour that does not include any interior access).
Related to the construction boom on the Medical Campus, the adjacent historic Allentown neighborhood has seen significant attention recently, focused on restoration or renovation of many of its historic buildings. This tour will view many of these restoration projects, particularly those along Main Street. Come and join us to see the amazing transformation of this neighborhood – with over 150 years of history from Ulrich’s Tavern to the new Medical School!
Come on this tour and receive a special deal for a free glass of beer or wine with the purchase of a sandwich or entree at Cafe 59, where the tour begins and ends!
- Advance reservations are encouraged but not required for this tour.
- All credit card payments must be made in advance. Advance reservations with a credit card can be made online until the tour starting time. Cash or checks are accepted at the start of the tour.
- If you make an advance reservation, please print your confirmation email, or be prepared to show it on your phone.
- This tour is between ninety minutes and two hours in length.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and dress for the weather – the tour will proceed rain or shine.
- Cameras are encouraged!