Michigan Street African-American Heritage Tour
General Admission: $20
Explorer Pass Admission: $15
Proceeds from this tour are shared with the Michigan Street Baptist Church, Nash House Museum, and Colored Musicians Club Museum.
Tour Meets At:
Colored Musicians Club Museum145 Broadway, Buffalo, NY 14203
African-American history in Buffalo is centered in the neighborhood surrounding the Michigan Street Baptist Church. Join us for a tour of important locations in this neighborhood to learn about the major milestones in African-American history in Buffalo, as well as how this affected national history. Buffalo has played a major role in African American history, from the days of the Underground Railroad to the formation of the Niagara Movement, a precursor to the NAACP. This tour includes an interior tour of the Michigan Street Baptist Church, Nash House Museum, and Colored Musicians Club Museum, three important landmarks in this neighborhood.
Meet in the parking lot adjacent to the Colored Musicians Club Museum at 145 Broadway, Buffalo, NY 14203, at the intersection of Michigan Avenue and Broadway.
- General Admission: $20
- Explorer Pass Admission: $15
- Proceeds from this tour are shared with the Michigan Street Baptist Church, Nash House Museum, and Colored Musicians Club Museum.
- Advance reservations are encouraged but not required for this tour.
- All credit card payments must be made in advance. Advance reservations with a credit card can be made online until the tour starting time. Cash or checks are accepted at the start of the tour.
- If you make an advance reservation, please print your confirmation email, or be prepared to show it on your phone.
- This tour is approximately two and a half to three hours in length.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and dress for the weather – the tour will proceed rain or shine.
- During inclement weather, the tour is mostly indoors – you can learn the history of the neighborhood from the Nashes’ living room!
- Cameras are encouraged!
- See our FAQs page for our refund policy and answers to other questions.