There are no dates available for this tour in 2018. New dates will be available in spring 2019 for our 2019 tour season. Check our Calendar for currently available tours!
General Admission: $15
Student Admission: $5
Explorer Pass Holders: FREE
Tour Meets At:
University Metro Rail StationUniversity Station, Buffalo, NY 14214
When the University at Buffalo purchased the Erie County Almshouse and Hospital on Main Street in 1909, it helped spur growth of nearby residences and businesses. The neighborhood that emerged boasts today’s University Park Historic District, which was the first “gated community” in Buffalo. There are several other landmarked sites in the neighborhood, as well as a commercial district along Main Street that reflects the adjacent college.
This tour will highlight the University Metro Rail Station and the public art it contains, several historic buildings on the University campus, and the University Presbyterian Church. Moving into the adjacent neighborhood, the tour will view representative homes in the University Park Historic District, the Parkside Candy shop, and finish with recently completed wall murals.
Meet behind the University Metro Rail Station, 3383 Main Street, on the UB South Campus. Free parking is available in the adjacent Park-and-Ride lot.
- General Admission: $15
- Student Admission: $5
- Explorer Pass Holders: FREE
- Advance reservations are encouraged but not required for this tour.
- All credit card payments must be made in advance. Advance reservations with a credit card can be made online until the tour starting time. Cash or checks are accepted at the start of the tour.
- If you make an advance reservation, please print your confirmation email, or be prepared to show it on your phone.
- This tour is between ninety minutes and two hours in length.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and dress for the weather – the tour will proceed rain or shine.
- Cameras are encouraged!
- See our FAQs page for our refund policy and answers to other questions.