Community Cultural Project | Discover Niagara Shuttle
Community Cultural Project: Discover Niagara Shuttle
August 2021Summer is the perfect season for a staycation — and the Discover Niagara Shuttle makes it easy for locals and tourists alike to explore all of the wonders that lie within our beautiful region!
Who We Are & What We Do
- The Discover Niagara Shuttle is a completely free shuttle service with 30 stops across Niagara Falls, Lewiston, Youngstown, and now Lockport.
- Discover Niagara Shuttle is proud to be an initiative of the Niagara Falls National Heritage Area (NFNHA).
- The NFNHA seeks to highlight not only the natural beauty of Niagara Falls, but the history, innovation, and culture that the region has heralded.
- Other NFNHA initiatives include the Niagara Falls Underground Railroad Heritage Center and the NF Murals public art project.
- Each shuttle has bike racks and complimentary WiFi
There is a Discover Niagara app for iPhone and Android so you can track the shuttles in real-time!
Since 2016, our Shuttles have connected thousands of riders to destinations across Niagara County, helping to support local businesses and tourism while encouraging residents of the area to explore what lies within their own backyard.
This has been especially important in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, when so many local, small businesses have struggled to stay afloat and travel has diminished.
Our services are especially helpful for those in our community who don’t have access to other modes of transportation, as the Shuttles connect with the Niagara Falls Train Station, the Niagara Falls Scenic Trolley, and Metro’s Niagara Falls Trolley.
Just this year we expanded the Shuttle route to include 12 stops in Lockport — many years of planning have now resulted in a free Shuttle that conveniently connects the east and west sides of Niagara County! We invite all of our riders to explore the scenic Lockport Loop.
How to Get Involved
Plan your destination today! Start off by riding the Shuttle to the Underground Railroad Heritage Center in Niagara Falls, where you can learn all about the important role our region played in history. You’ll also find several murals, part of the NF Murals project, at the nearby intersection of Main and Depot.
Follow us on Social Media!
Be sure to also follow Discover Niagara Shuttle, Niagara Falls National Heritage Area, NF Murals, and Niagara Falls Underground Railroad Heritage Center on social media to stay up to date on everything that’s going on across our region.
You can also visit discoverniagara.org for more information and to subscribe to our weekly newsletters. SIGN UP FOR OUR E-NEWSLETTER HERE
Phone/Txt: 716-222-0729 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | www.discoverniagarashuttle.com