COST:General Admission: $30
Explorer Pass Admission: $25
Imagine: Hamburg Members: $25
Saturday, September 23 – 12:30 PM-4:30 PM
Join Explore Buffalo and Imagine: Hamburg for a rare opportunity to see the interiors of historic homes in one of Erie County’s charming villages! On this Autumn Tour of Homes, approximately ten home interiors will be open to view and admire. Take a look at some incredible nineteenth century interiors that have been painstakingly maintained or restored by their owners. In addition, the Village of Hamburg business community will be participating with special offerings for the day of the tour, including live music, wine tasting, and even a real steam engine.
Once you receive your ticket with all of the participating homes, visit the homes at your own pace and in any order that you would like. At each home, Explore Buffalo and Imagine: Hamburg volunteers will tell you about the home’s history and notable design features. Plan on at least two hours to see all of the homes.
Your ticket will list all of the open homes on the tour, and include a map to guide you to each one. Pick up your ticket on the day of the tour at the Memorial Park Bandshell at Lake and Union Streets in the Village of Hamburg, 12 – 3 PM.
Early Ticket Pickup:
For your convenience, the following dates are available to pick up your ticket the week before the tour:
- Tuesday, September 19 – 5-7 PM – First Presbyterian Church of Buffalo, One Symphony Circle
- Tuesday, September 19 – 5:30-7:30 – Memorial Park Bandshell, Lake & Union Streets, Hamburg
- Thursday, September 21 – 5-7 PM – First Presbyterian Church of Buffalo, One Symphony Circle
Along with the tour, Explore Buffalo and Imagine: Hamburg are hosting a free Hamburg History lecture on Wednesday, August 30 at 7 PM. The lecture, presented by historian Jack Edson, will be approximately one hour in length. All are invited to attend at Saints Peter & Paul Church at 66 East Main Street, Hamburg.
- Interior photography is not permitted on this tour.
- This tour is rain or shine, so dress for the weather. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- All of the homes are within moderate walking distance of one another, or you can drive (be aware of limited parking in the Village).
Proceeds from this tour support Explore Buffalo and Imagine: Hamburg.