Presidents in Buffalo: Special Tour with Abe Lincoln & Mary Todd Lincoln
Learn about Buffalo’s fascinating presidential history with Honest Abe himself during this not-to-be-missed event! Join us for our “Presidents in Buffalo” tour with Abraham Lincoln & Mary Todd, and then stick around after the tour for a Meet & Greet with the historic couple at the Lafayette Brewing Company. Coffee & light fare are included in tour admission. Falling just a few days before the anniversary of Lincoln’s first visit to Buffalo back in 1848, this event is sure to be a hit for all Lincoln fans.
Ron Carley is an Abraham Lincoln re-enactor from Westland, Michigan with a life-long interest in history. Lincoln, the movie, inspired him to portray the former President, especially since his appearance is uncannily similar. His fiancé, Tina Hadley Woolum, appears with him as Mary Todd Lincoln.
Presidents in Buffalo Tour Description: The home of two presidents, Millard Fillmore and Grover Cleveland, Buffalo has also played host to many American presidents for important speeches and other occasions, the most infamous being President McKinley’s visit to the Pan-American Exposition in 1901 that ended tragically with his assassination. Some of the presidential stories in Buffalo are often told, while others are less widely known. Join us on this tour to learn about presidents who are prominent in Buffalo history, particularly Millard Fillmore, Abraham Lincoln, Grover Cleveland, William McKinley, and Theodore Roosevelt.
This tour meets at the Western New York Book Arts Center at 468 Washington Street, Buffalo, NY 14203, at the corner of Washington and Mohawk Streets. Two-hour metered parking is available on surrounding streets, and the Mohawk Parking Ramp is on the opposite corner. The Lafayette Square Station of the Metro Rail is around the corner on Main Street.
- Advance reservations are encouraged but not required for this tour.
- All credit card payments must be made in advance. Advance reservations with a credit card can be made online until the tour starting time. Cash or checks are accepted at the start of the tour.
- If you make an advance reservation, please print your confirmation email, or be prepared to show it on your phone.
- This tour is approximately two hours in length with a half hour meet & greet after the tour.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and dress for the weather – the tour will proceed rain or shine.
- Cameras are encouraged!