Tour Assistant Training
What do Explore Buffalo Tour Assistants do?
- Tour Assistants are volunteers who support Explore Buffalo’s tours and docents by checking in guests attending tours, managing administrative tour tasks, and helping to keep the tour running smoothly.
Why become a Tour Assistant for Explore Buffalo?
- Being a Tour Assistant for Explore Buffalo is FUN! What could be more thrilling than showing people from the world Buffalo’s architecture and history?
- As a Tour Assistant, you have the opportunity to assist with many of Explore Buffalo’s wide variety of tours and learn more about Buffalo’s history and architecture while volunteering.
- Being a Tour Assistant is a great way to meet new people within Explore Buffalo or among our many community partners. Explore Buffalo organizes regular social events for docents and volunteers.
Who can become a Tour Assistant for Explore Buffalo?
- Anyone can become a Tour Assistant! All that is required is an interest in and passion for promoting Buffalo, and a friendly and welcoming presence for our visitors from around the world.
- Through our Tour Assistant Training Classes, we provide in-depth training on the responsibilities of Tour Assistants.
Upcoming Tour Assistant Training Classes:
Annual training classes are offered for new Tour Assistants. Tour Assistant training consists of two class sessions: the first class is conducted via Zoom, and the second class is a walk-through of a tour. New Tour Assistants are required to attend both class dates.
Spring 2021 Tour Assistant Training:
- Monday, May 10 at 7pm via Zoom – Tour Assistant Introduction & Procedures
- Saturday, May 15 at 11am – Tour Walk Through