Join Explore Buffalo’s 2023 Young Professionals Program to become an expert on your city! Through this program, you will gain an in-depth understanding of Buffalo’s neighborhoods and landmarks, including history and present-day opportunities and challenges. Each month’s program will focus on a different area of the city. The program is intended for young professionals who are passionate about Buffalo. This program is an excellent opportunity for those who have recently moved to Buffalo and want to build roots here, as well as for WNY residents who want to learn more about their hometown.
Goals for Participants
- Building stronger connections with specific neighborhoods and the Buffalo community as a whole.
- Developing an in-depth understanding of Buffalo history and neighborhoods.
- Expanding your network in the Buffalo community by engaging with fellow program members throughout the program, and with community leaders each month.
- Strengthening your local roots as an engaged and informed member of the Buffalo community.
2023 Program Schedule:
We’ll gather from 2-6pm on the second Thursday of every month from April to November: April 13, May 11, June 8, July 13, August 10, September 14, October 12, and November 9. If we have to make a change to this schedule, we’ll let you know well in advance. We may also provide some occasional bonus opportunities for program members.
For each program, we’ll start at 2pm with an in-depth tour of a landmark building or neighborhood, followed by a conversation with neighborhood or industry leaders connected with that day’s focus. We’ll end with a happy hour in the neighborhood, and the program will be wrapped up by 6pm.
Planned 2023 locations include downtown Buffalo, the Michigan Street African-American Heritage Corridor, Broadway-FIllmore, the Larkin District, Silo City, and more. We will provide the full schedule to participants before the program begins in April.
- Suggested age range: 25-40
- Program Fee: $400. Your company/organization can cover your program fee. Scholarships are available on request. There is no fundraising component or expectation in this program.
- Maximum of 25 program members.
- Accessibility accommodations can be made upon request.
- Each program member will receive a two-year Explorer Pass membership at the Professional level ($250 value) to take additional tours during and after the program. The Explorer Pass membership provides free access to more than 70 different walking and bike tours for two adults.
Program Member Expectations
- Program members are expected to attend each monthly program and make it a priority on their calendar. We do understand that sometimes, life happens, and you may be able to attend a program.
- At each monthly program, we expect program members to actively participate and engage with their fellow program members and community members.
Please complete the application found below. Completing this form is the first step in the application process; it does not obligate you to join the class. The application deadline for the 2023 Young Professionals Program is Monday, March 13, 2023 (extended from Friday, March 10).
After you submit your application, we will set up a time for a 10-15 minute phone call to discuss the program and your interests in Buffalo architecture, history, and more, and answer any questions you have about the program.
Applications for the 2023 Program Are Now Closed
Questions? Please contact Executive Director Brad Hahn at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.