2017 Spring Intern Program
Explore Buffalo, Western New York’s premier guided tour organization, is seeking interns for the 2017 spring semester (spring internships will be late January through April, dependent on college semester schedule). Explore Buffalo is a nonprofit organization that offers walking, bike, bus, and kayak tours of Buffalo and the surrounding areas. Explore Buffalo’s tours are led by volunteer docents, whom the staff and interns support by coordinating and promoting the tours. This internship opportunity is a great match for college students studying architecture, history, Art History, marketing, English, communications, and other fields.
Responsibilities will be divided between office work and field work.
- Compiling and analyzing tour reports, including demographic and marketing data
- Tracking and recording marketing outreach in print and online sources
- Possible research projects
- Other related duties to assist the Explore Buffalo staff
- Chaperoning tours and assisting with signing in tour guests
- Taking photos of tours for sharing on social media
- Assisting at events including the Grain Alley Gala
- Current college student (must be 18 years of age or older)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member, depending on the task
- Minimum of 10 hours per week
- Flexible scheduling; usually one office day and one field day per week
- Must be available on weekends, when the majority of tours and events are
- Must have reliable transportation
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to Olivia McCarthy, Assistant Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications for 2016 fall internships are due by Friday, January 6, 2016. Interns are welcome to apply and begin their internship before this date.