Leading Ladies: Downtown Women’s History Walking Tour
Our Leading Ladies tour has concluded for the season and will return in spring 2020. Check our Calendar for available winter tours.
General Admission: $15
Student Admission: $5
Explorer Pass Holders: FREE
Tour Meets At:
Hotel at the Lafayette391 Washington Street, Buffalo, NY 14203
Join us for a downtown walking tour devoted entirely to the contributions of Buffalo women! While walking by many of downtown Buffalo’s architectural attractions, learn about the significant role women have played in Buffalo history, including establishing and supporting many of our community’s institutions. Buffalo women have also had a major impact on American history, as the home of two First Ladies and America’s first professional woman architect, among many others. In addition, Buffalo has been home to many prominent women artists, authors, and actresses, and women have been leaders of the local architectural preservation movement including the saving of the Old Post Office.
This tour meets in the lobby of the Hotel at the Lafayette at 391 Washington Street. Your docent will meet you in the lobby of the hotel. Two-hour metered parking is available on surrounding streets, and the Adams Ramp is one block away at the corner of Washington and Eagle Streets. The Lafayette Square Station of the Metro Rail is one block away, across Lafayette Square on Main Street.
- Advance reservations are encouraged but not required for this tour.
- All credit card payments must be made in advance. Advance reservations with a credit card can be made online until the tour starting time. Cash or checks are accepted at the start of the tour.
- If you make an advance reservation, please print your confirmation email, or be prepared to show it on your phone.
- This tour is between ninety minutes and two hours in length.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and dress for the weather – the tour will proceed rain or shine.
- Cameras are encouraged!
This tour is made possible with the generous support of the Junior League of Buffalo.