2018 Spring Intern Program
Explore Buffalo, Western New York’s premier guided tour organization, is seeking interns for the spring of 2018. Spring internships will begin by February and conclude in May depending on college schedule. Explore Buffalo is a nonprofit organization that offers walking, bike, bus, and kayak tours of Buffalo and the surrounding areas. Explore Buffalo’s tours are led by volunteer docents, whom the staff and interns support by coordinating and promoting the tours. This internship opportunity is a great match for college students studying architecture, history, Art History, marketing, English, communications, education, and other fields.
Responsibilities will be divided between office work and field work.
- Compiling and analyzing tour reports, including demographic and marketing data
- Tracking and recording marketing outreach in print and online sources
- Possible research projects
- Other related duties to assist the Explore Buffalo staff
- Chaperoning tours and assisting with signing in tour guests
- Taking photos of tours for sharing on social media
- Current college student (must be 18 years of age or older)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member, depending on the task
- Minimum of 10 hours per week
- Flexible scheduling; usually one office day and one field day per week
- Must be available on weekends, when the majority of tours and events are
- Must have reliable transportation
To apply, please complete the Spring 2018 Internship Application and submit with a resume to Olivia McCarthy, Assistant Director, at email@example.com. The application deadline for Fall 2017 is Friday, January 19, 2018. Potential interns will be asked to come to Explore Buffalo’s office for an interview after submitting their application.