2018 Internship Program
Explore Buffalo is looking for enthusiastic college interns for the fall semester and for a year-long 2018-19 internship program! All internships will begin by September with the fall internship concluding in mid-December and the year-length internship finishing in mid-May 2019.
Explore Buffalo is a nonprofit organization that offers walking, bike, bus, boat and kayak tours of Buffalo and the surrounding areas. Explore Buffalo’s tours are led by volunteer docents, whom the staff and interns support by coordinating and promoting the tours.
This internship program is a great match for college students studying architecture, history, Art History, marketing, English, communications, education, and other fields.
Intern projects and responsibilities will be divided between office work and field work.
- Compiling and analyzing tour reports, including demographic and marketing data
- Tracking and recording marketing outreach in print and online sources
- Possible research projects
- Other related duties to assist the Explore Buffalo staff
- Chaperoning tours and assisting with signing in tour guests
- Taking photos of tours for sharing on social media
- Current college student (must be 18 years of age or older)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Attention to detail
- Minimum of 10 hours per week
- Flexible scheduling; usually one office day and one field day per week
- Must be available on weekends
- Must have reliable transportation
Please complete the 2018 Internship Application and submit it with a resume to Olivia McCarthy, Assistant Director, at email@example.com.
The Internship Program application deadline is Wednesday, August 29, 2018. Potential interns will be asked to come to Explore Buffalo’s office for an interview after submitting their application.