Silo City: Vertical
Our Silo City tours have concluded for the season and will return in spring 2020. Check our Calendar for available winter tours.
General Admission: $40
Student Admission: $35
Explorer Pass Holders: $35
Reservations are required for this tour!
Tour Meets At:
Silo City120 Silo City Row, Buffalo, NY 14203
This tour is a one-of-a-kind experience! We’ll take you to the top of a grain elevator on this unique Silo City tour experience.
You’ll experience all of the history and mechanics of the grain elevator, as well as the malt production process on this in-depth tour of the former Perot Company grain elevator and malthouse. We’ll have some spectacular views of Buffalo, Lake Erie, and the other grain elevators from the top. Also included is a look at some of the regenerative projects ongoing at Silo City.
Please note that Silo City: Vertical is a physically demanding tour, and we do not recommend it for those with a fear of heights. Participants in this tour must be physically able to take stairs up approximately 150 feet (ten stories) to reach the top – and then come back down! The elevators have been out of commission for years, so stairs are the only way to go.
The tour meets at Silo City, 120 Silo City Row, Buffalo, NY, 14203. Turn from Ohio Street onto Silo City Row, and enter Silo City through the gate. On your right will be a large gravel parking lot where the tour will begin. Ample parking is available on site.
- General Admission: $40
- Student Admission: $35
- Explorer Pass Holders: $35
- Reservations are required for this tour! Due to space limitations, we must limit this tour’s group size to a small number.
- Please print your reservation confirmation email, or be prepared to show it on your phone.
- This tour is two to two and a half hours in length.
- Please arrive promptly for your tour – we are unable to accommodate late arrivals for this tour.
- The minimum age for this tour is 14 years old.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes; no sandals or open-toed shoes are permitted on this tour.
- The tour will proceed rain or shine.
- Cameras are encouraged!
- See our FAQs page for our refund policy and answers to other questions.